Here is the Meetings and Workshops Programme we have planned for the next five years (2021 – 2025). The slideshow below shows some of the places we ought to meet. Please, bear also in mind the current worldwide sanitary crisis that may affect the organisation of some of the events listed below.
- 13-16th September. IGCP 653/735 virtual Annual Meeting, Lille (France). The main topic of the conference is the ‘Ordovician of the World’. Official website. First Circular.
- 29-30 November. IGCP735/653/ISOS Ordovician Workshop, Lyon (France).
- 11-15th July. Dedicated session at the 3rd meeting of the Association of Australasian Palaeontologists (‘Paleo Down Under 3’) in Perth (Australia). 1st circular.
- This event is now cancelled.
this event (meeting and field excursion) is now postponed and rescheduled to Summer 2024. The 7th international conference on trilobites and their relatives in Cincinnati (USA). Pre-conference fieldtrip (10-14 July); intra-conference fieldtrip (17 July); post-conference fieldtrip (19-23 July).
- 18-24th July. Dedicated session at 19th International Symposium on Ostracoda (ISO 19) in Lyon (France). Official website.
- this event (meeting and field excursion) is now postponed and rescheduled to a later year. 1st annual regional IGCP 735 meeting organised by Panjab University, Chandigarh (India); field excursion to the Ordovician of the Spiti area (Himalayas).
- 19-29 October. 2nd annual meeting of IGCP 735, organised by Cadi-Ayyad University, Marrakesh (Morocco); field excursion to Lower Palaeozoic sections of the Anti-Atlas. 1st circular. 2nd circular. 3rd circular. Official website. Programme.
- 7-12th November. Dedicated session at the 6th International Palaeontological Conference (IPC6) in Khon Kaen (Thailand); field excursion in Thailand. Website.
- 8-22 May. 4th Palaeontological Virtual Congress. [website]. Registration available here. Check out the circular (link and below) for important dates and deadlines. There will be a session sponsored by the IGCP 735 project entitled Filling Gaps in Ordovician Palaeontology. More details to follow, but in the meantime, here it is.
- 11-13 July. 4th International Congress on Stratigraphy, STRATI 2023, will be organised in Lille, France. Post-conference field excursion in the Ordovician of Estonia will take place in conjunction with the pre-conference excursion of the 3rd annual meeting of the IGCP735. First circular. Second Circular below.
- 19-21 July. 3rd annual meeting of IGCP 735, in conjunction with the 14th International Symposium on the Ordovician System, in Tallin, Estonia; field excursions to Ordovician sections in Estonia (15-18 July) and Sweden (23-26 July).
Check details and updates here. First Circular below.
- 16-20 October. Dedicated session at the 11th European Conference on Echinoderms (ECE 11) held in Lyon (France). Indoor scientific sessions: 16-17 and 19-20 October. Mid-conference excursion in Ardèche (la Voulte Lagerstätte): 18 October. Check out any updates on the dedicated website. More information in the Second circular below.
- The 9th IBC is now back! It will be organised by Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada between June 23-28, 2024. Dedicated session of the IGCP735 at the 9th International Brachiopod Congress in Berlin (Germany). More informatin to come. In the meantime, see the announcement below.
- September. 4th annual meeting of IGCP 735, organised by Córdoba University, Córdoba (Argentina); field excursion to Ordovician sections of the Precordillera Basin, San Juan Province.
- Date to be confirmed. Annual regional IGCP 735 meeting organised at Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark (Malaysia) by Langkawi Research Centre (Malaysia); field excursion to Lower Palaeozoic sections of northern Malaysia.
- Date to be confirmed. 3rd virtual annual IGCP 735 meeting in Prague (Czech Republic)
- Date to be confirmed. Dedicated session at the 17th international conference on echinoderms in Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain).
- April. 5th annual regional IGCP 735 meeting and field excursion in Kitab Natural Reserve. Shakhrisabz, Uzbekistan: Advances in studies of the Ordovician palaeontology of Central Asia and the Middle East: faunal turnovers, biodiversity spots, migration pass ways.
- September. Closing meeting organised by Central South University, Changsha (China); field excursions to the Ordovician of Hunan Province.
- Date to be confirmed. 4th virtual annual IGCP 735 meeting in Bogotá (Columbia).