Here is the Meetings and Workshops Programme we have planned for the next five years (2021 – 2025). The slideshow below shows some of the places we ought to meet. Please, bear also in mind the current worldwide sanitary crisis that may affect the organisation of some of the events listed below.
- 13-16th September. IGCP 653/735 virtual Annual Meeting, Lille (France). The main topic of the conference is the ‘Ordovician of the World’. Official website. First Circular.
- 11-15th July. Dedicated session at the 3rd meeting of the Association of Australasian Palaeontologists (‘Paleo Down Under 3’) in Perth (Australia).
- 14-18th July. Dedicated session at the 7th international conference on trilobites and their relatives in Cincinnati (USA). Pre-conference fieldtrip (10-13 July); post-conference fieldtrip (19-22 July). Check out the first circular in our News section [posted on 20 April 2021]…website coming soon.
- 18-24th July. Dedicated session at 19th International Symposium on Ostracoda (ISO 19) in Lyon (France).
- late August. 1st annual regional IGCP 735 meeting organised by Panjab University, Chandigarh (India); field excursion to the Ordovician of the Spiti area (Himalayas).
- 19-29 October. 2nd annual meeting of IGCP 735, organised by Cadi-Ayyad University, Marrakesh (Morocco); field excursion to Lower Palaeozoic sections of the Anti-Atlas.
- 7-12th November. Dedicated session at the 6th International Palaeontological Conference (IPC6) in Khon Kaen (Thailand); field excursion in Thailand.
- Date to be confirmed. Dedicated session at the 9th International Brachiopod Congress in Berlin (Germany).
- February. 2nd annual regional IGCP 735 meeting organised by University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; field excursion to Lower Palaeozoic sections of Malaysia.
- 16-20 July. 3rd annual meeting of IGCP 735, organised by Tallin University, Tallinn (Estonia), in conjunction with the 14th ISOS meeting; field excursions to Ordovician sections of Estonia, Russia (the St Petersburg area) and Sweden.
- September. Dedicated session at the 11th European Conference on Echinoderms in Lyon (France).
- Date to be confirmed. 2nd virtual annual IGCP 735 meeting in Mashad (Iran).
- April. 3rd annual regional IGCP 735 meeting and field excursion in Kitab Natural Reserve. Shakhrisabz, Uzbekistan: Advances in studies of the Ordovician palaeontology of Central Asia and the Middle East: faunal turnovers, biodiversity spots, migration pass ways.
- September. 4th annual meeting of IGCP 735, organised by Córdoba University, Córdoba (Argentina); field excursion to Ordovician sections of the Precordillera Basin, San Juan Province.
- Date to be confirmed. 3rd virtual annual IGCP 735 meeting in Prague (Czech Republic)
- Date to be confirmed. Dedicated session at the 17th international conference on echinoderms in Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain).
- March. 4th annual regional IGCP 735 meeting organised by Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran; field excursion to Lower Palaeozoic sections of Kopet-Dagh and Alborz.
- September. Closing meeting organised by Central South University, Changsha (China); field excursions to the Ordovician of Hunan Province.
- Date to be confirmed. 4th virtual annual IGCP 735 meeting in Bogotá (Columbia).